Interim report for 1st quarter 2022
Financial report for the period ended 31st March 2022
Key Facts for the 1st Quarter 2022 (1st January 2022 – 31st March 2022)
Challenging quarter, improved start of Q2
All figures are compared to the same quarter last year if not explicitly stated otherwise
- Revenues decreased by 41.92% to € 7,848,997 (€13,515,110).
- EBIT decreased by 88.96% to € 417,239 (€3,779,057).
- EBIT margin of 5.32% (27.96%).
- Customer deposits decreased by 35.97% to €17,236,925 (€26,918,069).
- 74,751 new registered customers (71,709), increase of 4.24%.
- 13,185 new depositing customers (29,813), decrease of 55.77%.
- Earnings per share of €0.0002 (€0.0447), decrease of 99.55%.
- Premiergaming Ltd, the Group’s subsidiary focusing on Northern Europe, represented 7% of the Group’s revenues in Q1 2022.
- During the quarter non-profitable affiliate partnerships were terminated, which affected the quarter’s revenues negatively, but is expected to contribute to an improved EBIT margin going forward.
Events after Q1
- The average daily Net Gaming Revenue for the first 39 days in Q2 2022 is 9% higher compared to the average daily Net Gaming Revenue in Q1 2022. The Net Gaming Revenue for the first 39 days in Q2 2022 is 23% lower compared to the first 39 days in Q2 2021.
- The average daily New Depositing Customers for the first 39 days in Q2 2022 is 10% higher compared to the average daily New Depositing Customers in Q1 2022. The number of New Depositing Customers for the first 39 days in Q2 2022 are 18% lower compared to the first 39 days in Q2 2021.
- The Group has signed two new B-to-B partnerships. Both projects are expected to be launched and contribute to the Group’s revenues during Q3 2022.
- The Group’s venture in the field of affiliate marketing for South American markets, where the Group owns 80% and the local party owns 20%, has started to generate revenues as from April 2022.
- As mentioned in the Q4 2021 report and in the Annual Report 2021, the Board of Directors proposes distribution to shareholders of €6,373,725 by way of dividend for the fiscal year 2021 (2020: €8,998,200), which corresponds to €0.085 per share (2020: €0.12), a decrease of 29.17%. Angler Gaming plc will not compensate for currency exchange cost.