Interim report for 2nd quarter 2021
Financial report for the period ended 30th June 2021
Key Facts for the 2nd Quarter 2021 (1st April 2021 – 30th June 2021)
Q2 in line with Trading Update released 12th of July, positive start in Q3
All figures are compared to the same quarter last year if not explicitly stated otherwise
- Revenues decreased by 12.57% to €10,137,563 (€11,595,390).
- EBIT decreased by 48.99% to €1,923,368 (€3,771,134).
- EBIT margin of 18.97% (32.52%).
- Customer deposits decreased by 2.15% to €23,297,001 (€23,808,512).
- 58,078 new registered customers (68,523), decrease of 15.24%.
- 17,982 new depositing customers (29,443), decrease of 38.93%.
- Earnings per share of €0.0249 (€0.0449), decrease of 44.54%.
- Premiergaming Ltd, the Group’s subsidiary focusing on Northern Europe, represented 10.55% of the Group’s revenues in Q2 2021.
- The Net Gaming Revenues for the first 40 days in Q3 2021 are 8.2% higher compared to the Net Gaming Revenues for the same period in 2020.
- The average daily new depositing customers for the first 40 days in Q3 2021 are 24% higher compared to the average daily new depositing customers for Q2 2021. 9% of the new depositing customers for the first 40 days in Q3 are from the Sportsbook project launched the 13th of June 2021.
- Upon approval by the annual general meeting Angler Gaming PLC distributed to shareholders the amount of EUR 8,998,200 (EUR0.12 per share), as dividend, on the basis of the financial year ending 31 Dec 2020.
Events after Q2
- The Group has set up a new subsidiary Premiergaming (IOM) Ltd, which has recently obtained a B2B I-Gaming licence from the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission.
- The joint venture in the field of affiliate marketing for South American markets announced in Q1 2021 report, through establishing a jointly owned company where the Group owns 80% and the local party owns 20%, will be launched by the end of September. Two Tier 1 operators have been signed up to this affiliate network.
Key Facts for half-yearly 2021 (1st January 2021 – 30th June 2021)
All-time high in Revenues
All figures are compared to half-yearly 2020 if not explicitly stated otherwise
- Revenues increased by 10.79% to €23,652,673 (€21,348,440).
- EBIT decreased by 14.07% to €5,702,425 (€6,636,387).
- EBIT margin of 24.11% (31.09%).
- Customer deposits increased by 7.60% to €50,215,045 (€46,666,806).
- 4.88% increase in newly registered customers 129,787 (123,749).
- 47,795 new depositing customers (59,733), decrease of 19.99%.
- Earnings per share of €0.0696 (€0.0774), decrease of 10.08%.
Comments from the CEO
|We are not satisfied with the Group’s result in Q2. One of the main contributors affecting Q2 revenues where the two Sportsbook oriented events UEFA European Championship 2020 and CONMEBOL Copa America 2021 that drove players away to established sportsbook operators. Another factor with a negative impact on revenue was an abnormally high winnings in Q2 in Premier Gaming Ltd, which alone resulted in the revenue decrease of over €350K. In addition, we needed to update the Group’s fully owned propriety gaming platform to get the important KPIs, namely “Customer Life Time Value” and “New Depositing Customers”, back on track. We spent quite some time and resources in Q2 to update the following modules which are very important in the Group’s gaming platform: CRM PaymentLive Casino AffiliatesSportsbook (completely new module). In addition, cost of sales and customer bonus cost were higher than normal in Q2. We promptly initiated a project to identify the main cost drivers and set up action plans for each of the main cost drivers that we can reduce. We are very pleased that our actions already started to have effect, even though we are in a seasonal weaker period: The Net Gaming Revenues for the first 40 days in Q3 2021 are 8.2% higher compared to the Net Gaming Revenues for the same period in 2020. This is an indicator that shows that we are back on the growth track. The average daily new depositing customers for the first 40 days in Q3 2021 are 24% higher compared to the average daily new depositing customers for Q2 2021. This is another important KPI that we are back on track since the number of new depositing customers is a very important KPI for future revenues. The half year report for 2021 was the best-ever in terms of revenues and the second best-ever in EBIT. The Group continues to focus on revenues and EBIT and at the same time looking for new growth opportunities.|
Board of Directors of Angler Gaming plc