Interim report for 1st Quarter 2021: All Time High in Revenue
Best Ever Quarter in Revenue; Second Best Ever Quarter in EBIT
Key Facts for the 1st Quarter 2021 (1st January 2021 – 31st March 2021)
All figures are compared to the same quarter last year if not explicitly stated otherwise
- Revenues increased by 38.57% to € 13,515,110 (€9,753,050).
- EBIT increased by 31.89% to € 3,779,057 (€2,865,253).
- EBIT margin of 27.96% (29.38%).
- Customer deposits increased by 17.76% to €26,918,069 (€22,858,312).
- 71,709 new registered customers (55,227), increase of 29.84%.
- 29,813 new depositing customers (30,291), decrease of 1.58%.
- Earnings per share of €0.0447 (€0.0326), increase of 37.12%.
- Premiergaming Ltd, the Group’s subsidiary focusing on Northern Europe, represented 13% of the Group’s revenues in Q1 2021.
- The average daily Net Gaming Revenue for April in 2021 is 14.7% lower compared to the average daily Net Gaming Revenue in Q1 2021. The Net Gaming Revenue for April 2021 is 45.5% higher compared to April 2020.
- From mid-March to end of April the player activity and revenues were slower compared to the beginning of 2021 which started with a strong growth. In May the player activity have picked up again, mainly due to a stronger focus in the Group on the existing players since the middle of March.
- As mentioned in the Q4 2020 report and in the Annual Report 2020, the Board of Directors proposes distribution of €8,998,200 on the basis of the financial results of 2020 (€5,248,950 was distributed with respect to 2019) by way of a dividend to shareholders, which corresponds to €0.12 per share (€0.07), an increase of 71.43% per share. Angler Gaming plc will not compensate for currency exchange costs.
Events after Q1
- The Group, together with an external party, invested in a joint business venture in the field of affiliate marketing for South American markets, through establishing a jointly owned company where the Group owns 80% and the local party owns 20%. The total investment for the Group is Eur 300 000; and the partnership is expected to generate monthly positive cashflow to the Group before the year end 2021.
- A Sportsbook brand will be soft launched in the coming weeks with the aim to be fully operational for the UEFA Euro 2021 this summer.
Board of Directors of Angler Gaming plc