Angler Gaming plc – Interim Report for 4th Quarter and Year-End 2020
Key Facts for the 4th Quarter 2020 (1 October 2020 – 31 December 2020)
All time high in Revenues, EBIT and Net Profit
All figures are compared to the same quarter last year if not explicitly stated otherwise
- Revenues increased by 50.64% to €11,879,282 (€7,885,746).
- EBIT increased by 96.59% to €4,043,740 (€2,056,917).
- EBIT margin of 34.04% (26.08%).
- Customer deposits increased by 36.55% to €25,286,513 (€18,518,134).
- 71,767 new registered customers (50,987), increase of 40.76%.
- 31,093 new depositing customers (25,865), increase of 20.21%.
- Net Profit increased 78,08% to €3,472,430 (€1,949,902).
- Earnings per share of €0.0463 (€0.0260), increase of 78.08%.
- Premiergaming Ltd., the Group’s company focusing on Northern Europe, represented 16% of the Group’s revenues in Q4 2020.
- Premiergaming Ltd. launched a new brand in November 2020 operating under the Malta’s gaming licence. The launch was successful and is generating revenues as from mid November 2020
- The Group’s average daily Net Gaming Revenue for the first 41 days in Q1 2021 is 27% higher compared to the average daily Net Gaming Revenue in Q4 2020.
- The Board of Directors proposes distribution to shareholders of €8,998,200 by way of dividend for the fiscal year 2020 (2019: €5,248,950), which corresponds to €0.12 per share (2019: €0.07), an increase of 71.43%. Angler Gaming plc will not compensate for currency exchange costs. Revenues increased by 33.10% to €10,164,280 (€7,636,436)
Events after Q4 2020
- The new B-to-B partnership that the Group signed in Q3 2020, where the Group provides the platform and the White Label partner provides the brand and new customers, is now expected to be launched, generate revenues and achieve positive cashflow during Q2 2021.
- The Group is in negotiations regarding further B-to-B partnerships.
- The Group is planning to launch a Sportsbook brand early Q2. The brand will initially be launched in a few selected test markets. Premiergaming Ltd is launching a new brand in November under its Malta gaming licence The new brand is expected to generate positive cashflow as from December 2020.
Key Facts for 2020 (1 January 2020 – 31 December 2020)
All-time high in Revenues, EBIT and Net Profit
All figures are compared to Jan-Dec 2019 if not explicitly stated otherwise
- Revenues increased by 52.11% to €43,392,002 (€28,526,664).
- EBIT increased by 100.49% to €14,103,138 (€7,034,383).
- EBIT margin of 32.50% (24.66%).
- Customer deposits increased by 28.19% to €92,674,661 (€72,292,951).
- 40.29% increase in newly registered customers to 253,293 (180,547).
- 117,634 new depositing customers (78,934), increase of 49.03%.
- Net Profit increased 88.57% to €11,506,010 (€6,101,572).
- Earnings per share of €0.1534 (€0.0814), increase of 88.45%
Malta, 11th November 2020
Thomas Kalita, CEO, comments: “We are very pleased with the result in Q4 being the best quarter ever in the Group’s history on all Key Performance Indicators:
- Net Profit
- Earnings per Share
- Customer Deposits
- New Registered Customers
- New Depositing Customers
- Acitve Customers.
Premiergaming Ltd, the Group’s company focusing on Northern Europe, had a strong development in new depositing customers, but the revenues suffered slightly from unusually high customer winnings during Q4.
Q1 2021 has started very good. The Group’s average daily Net Gaming Revenue for the first 41 days in Q1 2021 is 27% higher compared to the average daily Net Gaming Revenue in Q4 2020.
Our excellent people, operations and investments in various fields continued to pay off.
We continue to focus on growing globally and invest in new B-to-B co-operations, new brands and products. We are planning to launch a Sportsbook in selected test markets in early Q2 2021. In addition, our implementation of a more robust risk-averse approach as regards fluctuations in currency exchange rates has resulted in a higher level of cash-in-hand compared to trade receivables and less exposure towards currency exchange volatility.
2020 was a very successful year where we continued our strong growth with strong profit margin and all-time high in all Key Performance Indicators. We continue our commitment to invest in our people and continue to grow a strong and flexible organisation throughout the Group. In addition, we continue to look for acquisitions and other opportunities”.
Board of Directors of Angler Gaming plc