Interim report for 2nd quarter 2018
Financial report for the period ended 30th June 2018
Key Facts for Quarter 2 2018 (1st April 2018 – 30th June 2018)
Q2 2018 all-time high in customer deposits
All figures are compared to the same quarter last year if not explicitly stated otherwise
- Revenues increased by 39.36% to €3,837,061 (€2,753,290).
- EBIT increased by 60.58% to €1,378,538 (€858,470).
- EBIT margin of 35.92% (31.18%).
- All-time high in customer deposits with an increase of 49.53% to €6,940,630 (€4,641,568).
- 29,402 new registered customers (23,177), increase of 26.86%.
- Earnings per share of €0.0179 (€0.0109).
Key Facts for half-yearly 2018
All-time high in revenues and net profit
All figures are compared to half-yearly 2017 if not explicitly stated otherwise
- Revenues increased by 44.64% to €7,865,638 (€5,437,942)
- EBIT increased by 62.38% to €2,747,613 (€1,692,133)
- EBIT Margin of 34.93%
- Customer deposits increased by 49.00% to €13,707,976 (€9,199,766)
- 34.59% increase in newly registered customers 64,639 (48,027)
- Earnings per share of €0.0356 (€0.0217)
Comments from David Gray, CEO of Angler Gaming
“We are happy with the ATH in both revenues and profits for H1 2018 compared to the previous year 2017. Also, in Q2 an ATH in customer deposits was recorded underlying that activity across all our offers is going strong. Nonetheless, since most of our revenues are coming from casino the World Cup had a negative effect on our revenues. Also, higher customer winnings than normal resulted in lower revenues than the previous quarter. This trend continued in July but August has started well. PremierGaming Ltd. on the 20th July 2018 successfully obtained an MGA license. On the 1st September 2018 we will launch the first client offer from this subsidiary in at least one market. We are expecting revenues from PremierGaming Ltd. in the coming months. As always, we will continue to streamline our processes and work on our strategy of having a fast-organic growth and controlling costs.”
Events in Q3 2018
- A decrease in the daily average net gaming revenues in July 2018 when compared to the daily average of Q2 2018. However, the first days of August showed a significant increase in the daily average in net gaming revenues.
- More suppliers will be added to the new subsidiary PremierGaming. PayNPlay solution from Trustly was implemented in Q2 and will be launched on the 1st September 2018.
This report has not been reviewed by the Company’s Auditor – the Audited Financial Statements for 2017 were published on the 30thApril 2018.
Q3 2018 report will be published on 7thNovember 2018
Q4 2018 report will be published on 14thFebruary 2019
Malta, 8th of August 2018
Board of Directors of Angler Gaming PLC
Enquiries: David Gray, CEO
Angler Gaming PLC Dividend Policy
Angler Gaming is a debt-free company with growing positive cash flow. As previously communicated to the market, the Board of Directors in Q2 2017 had decided on a yearly dividend policy of 50% up to 100% on net profits unless the money is used in value enhanced acquisitions. The dividends for 2017 were given out in June 2018.
Angler Gaming PLC
ANGLER GAMING PLC (PUBL) IS A MALTESE HOLDING COMPANY LISTED ON THE SWEDISH STOCK EXCHANGE, SPOTLIGHT STOCK MARKET, THAT INVESTS IN COMPANIES WHICH PROVIDE GAMING SERVICES OVER THE INTERNET. ANGLER GAMING’S CORE BUSINESS IS TO OWN AND ADMINISTER SHAREHOLDING IN INTERNET GAMBLING COMPANIES. ANGLER GAMING PLC OWNS STARFISHMEDIA N.V AND PREMIERGAMING LTD. WHICH THROUGH PARTNERS OR BY ITSELF OFFERS GAMES TO END USERS VIA THE INTERNET.