Interim report for 1st quarter 2018
Financial report for the period ended 31st March 2018
Key Facts for Quarter 1 2018 (1st January 2018 – 31st March 2018)
Q1 2018 all-time high in revenues for the 12th consecutive quarter
All figures are compared to the same quarter last year if not explicitly stated otherwise
- Revenues increased by 50.06% to €4,028,577 (€2,684,652).
- EBIT increased by 64.22% to €1,369,075 (€833,664).
- EBIT margin of 33.98% (31.05%).
- All-time high in customer deposits with an increase of 48.47% to €6,767,565 (€4,558,198).
- 35,237 new registered customers (24,843), increase of 41.84%.
- Earnings per share of €0.0178 (€0.0109).
Comments from David Gray, CEO of Angler Gaming
2018 started were we left in 2017 with another all-time high in revenues with €4,028,577 registered in Q1 compared to the €3,746,299 in the previous quarter or the €2,684,652 for the same period last year. We are continuing to work on our strategy of having a fast-organic growth and controlling costs. Following this philosophy, at the end of Q1 we decided to remove the Poker product from our offer due to the negligible revenues and higher costs compared to other products. The group is continuing to search for new products and further invest in the platform which will result in strengthening future revenues. Our new subsidiary PremierGaming Ltd is advanced in the process to obtain the MGA licence and hopefully will be in a position to contribute to the group revenues in the coming months. At the same time, we are committed to continue to lookout for possible acquisitions. We are excited to be in a strong financial position which will allow us to distribute the first Angler Gaming dividends (€0.045 per share) subject to approval by the Annual General Meeting.
Events in Q2 2018
- An increase of 7.8% in the daily average deposits in April 2018 when compared to the daily average of Q1 2018. Net gaming revenue is in line with the daily average of Q1 2018.
- Angler Gaming’s new subsidiary PremierGaming Ltd. is in the final step of the licensing process in Malta and is expected to be granted a licence from the Malta Gaming Authority and to start contributing to the group by end of Q2.
(see chart in enclosed pdf)
Key Performance Indicators (EUR)
|New Registered Customers||35,237||24,843||35,237||24,843|
|Gross Game Win||€4,680,937||€3,048,706||€4,680,937||€3,048,706|
|Net Game win||€4,416,398||€2,951,902||€4,416,398||€2,951,902|
* Definition Net Profit Margin = Net Profit / Revenue
** Definition Active Customers: Customer that wagered at least one bet in the indicated period
*** Definition New Registered Customer: A new customer registered in the indicated period
**** Definition Net Game Win: Real money bets minus real money wins
***** Definition Hold: Customer Withdrawals / Customer Deposits